Saturday, December 1, 2012

HAPPY 13TH!!


My middle son’s birthday was yesterday, November 30th so his dad had a party for him today at a park near their house.  I was a bit hurt that I was not asked to help plan it or invited to cut the cake, hand him presents to open, or lend a hand with anything else during the party, but I understand.  I was able to be with our son for 12 years and planned all of his parties because his dad was not that involved.  I invited his dad to several of the birthday parties, but he was usually unable to attend.  Today was actually a nice change!  It was great to see his dad so involved and happy being able to put this together.  The party was spectacular and the sight of all of the bikes racing on the field was exciting to watch!  Our son is happy and knows he is loved, so that is all that matters.  Needless to say I did not stay hurt long and allowed myself to enjoy the party without having to clean up or make a fuss about planning it.  I was able to just show up, enjoy my son to the fullest and leave with joy in my heart knowing that he had a good day.  Happy 13th my little man!! I love you so very much!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment